Nutrition Specialist Job at Save the Children Nigeria Aug 2019
Nutrition Specialist Job Recruitment at Save the Children in Nigeria August 2019
Career Vacancy : Nutrition Specialist Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Save the Children Nigeria Job Recruitment
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Specialist
Job ID: 190001ON
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Nigeria Country Office, Child Development Grant Programme
- Support the implementation of high quality nutrition project in the State, ensuring national protocols and agreed strategies are followed.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Project Director (Matrix to Senior Nutrition Advisor)
- Staff directly reporting to this post: TBC
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Supported by the CO Nutrition team, provide technical guidance for the implementation of nutrition interventions on the project, ensuring interventions meet internationally recognised and Save the Children’s quality standards as well as National guidelines and protocols.
- Lead on the training of project and government staff on nutrition or other related topics.
- Work closely with LGA and State Government to efficiently meet deliverables.
- Support the PD to ensure the project meets or exceeds agreed targets by working with the MEAL team and PD to analyse project data and ensure its use for decision making.
- Collaborate with the CO technical team to ensure cross learning among projects.
- Monitor that accountability mechanisms for adults and children are planned for and correctly implemented.
- Observe principles of child rights programming inform in all activities related to nutrition programming including design, analysis, implementation and M& E with a particular focus on gender and diversity, children’s participation.
- Ensure programme implementation demonstrates high levels of commitment to Save the Children and our vision, mission and values in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Policies (including Chid Safeguarding and Fraud) to ensure maximum protection for children.
- Effectively manage all key risks related to the programme especially in relations to the performance pay clause.
- Support the production of timely high quality reports and documentation both to meet donor and internal demands.
- Create and maintain good relationship with key players in the nutrition sector, State and LGA levels (Government, development agencies, other organizations and research institutes) and represent Save the Children’s nutrition work as necessary.
- Support recruitment of technical staff, as necessary.
- Participate in National and State level technical meetings related to nutrition programmes, as necessary.
- Contribute to the development and review of nutrition related documents at both state and national levels (guidelines, policies, etc.) providing technical inputs in line with Save the Children position paper, policies and evidence based programme expertise.
- Provide information and other communication materials for effective support of other departments by meeting service requirements.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and value for money systems willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Education and Experience/Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., Nutrition, Medicine, Sociology, MBA).
- Demonstrated working experience in development projects.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- At least 5 years experience on Nutrition programming.
- Familiarity with analytical tools and ability to translate theoretical concepts into practical approaches for operational work.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in English. Knowledge of other Nigerian languages will be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and/or State level government structures to strengthen the capacities.
- Experience managing projects with a focus on behaviour change and procurement and supplies would be an asset.
- Experience on donor funded projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th August, 2019.