August 2019 IRC Base Officer Opportunity in Borno State
August 2019 International Rescue Committee (IRC) recruitment for a Base Officer in Borno State
Career Vacancy : Base Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : International Rescue Committee Job Recruitment
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Officer
Requisition ID: req6002
Location: Magumeri, Borno
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Scope of Work
- The Magumeri Base Officer is an integral part of the Support Office and will report directly to the Deputy Director of Field Management
- This position is responsible for the oversight of all operations and supply chain functions including Safety and Security Protocols, Procurement, Warehousing and Asset Management, Fleet Management, Visitors’ Accommodation and Office Administration.
- Success in this position requires an individual with demonstrated team leadership abilities; strong coordination and communication skills; risk management skills; and an ability to promote acceptance of IRC’s program activities within the communities that we serve, while developing strong working relationships with other INGOs, local government officials, and community leaders.
- Based in Magumeri, Base Officer oversees all IRC operations in the LGA and reports to the DDFM.
- Ensure operational activities are conducted according to IRC policies and procedures and Donor guidelines through frequent and routine verification of operational documents and reports.
- Work with HR team implementation of new policies and procedures for Magumeri Field Office.
- Promptly inform the DDFM of any areas of concern or potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of monthly reports and data required by Maiduguri office including procurement request tracking, vehicle rental contract tracking and supply and asset inventory lists.
- Work effectively with program staff in planning and delivering timely operations support.
Human Resource and Staff Management:
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to and serve as a champion of the IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct
- Provide guidance and training to operations staff to ensure their full knowledge of the IRC Nigeria Country Office Protocols and policies. Ensure the collection, distribution and coordination of time and effort sheets, pay slips and leave forms in collaboration with the Maiduguri office.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly times heets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
- If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the employment policies.
- Take responsibility for discussing job expectations, performance, and objectives on an informal, quarterly basis with all staff and as a part of the annual Performance Review and Planning Process
Operation Support and Finance:
- Ensure proper financial management systems are in place and followed in coordination with the Maiduguri based finance team /department.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures and practices are in compliance with IRC, donor and national requirements;
- Responsible for safety and security of IRC staff, assets and premises (office, field sites) in coordination with DDFM ensure consistent review and updating of security management plans
- Monitor all contractual activities involving construction, rehabilitation and upgrade of facilities in Magumeri
- Keep procurement records to ensure that procurement actions are fully and clearly documented according to IRC policy.
- Raise Purchase Request for operations, Payment Requests (PRs) and may execute small procurement activities as may be required especially locally available materials/supplies and services but should refer to Maiduguri Supply Chain Manager for large procurements.
- Track office stationary supplies and reordering.
Warehousing and Asset Management:
- Supervise storekeeper and ensure proper functioning of warehouses including record keeping, storage, safety, and security.
- Monitor warehouse records including delivery reports, stock cards, waybills and inventory reports.
- Conduct routine inventory spot checks and report findings to DDFM.
- Conduct regular Asset Inspection and send report promptly to DDFM of all discrepancies and/or unserviceable assets requiring disposal.
- Maintain asset/equipment issue forms.
- Organize transport requests for all vehicle movements.
- Track vehicle maintenance actions for all Magumeri based vehicles.
- Assist the mechanic with vehicle maintenance scheduling and help to prioritize vehicle maintenance needs for Magumeri.
- Track and work with the Maiduguri Supply Chain staff to ensure monthly and quarterly procurement of vehicle and generator fuel, and lubricants according to strict adherence to spending plans and procurement rules.
- Maintain vehicle rental contract tracking records.
Security and Office Administration:
- In collaboration of the Security Coordinator, implement all security protocols on health, safety and well being of staff.
- Ensure compliance to all security SOPs and measures at all times and report promptly to the Maiduguri Security Coordinator any violations.
- Provides support to all programs staff in Magumeri and provides strategic leadership to overall programming with technical support from Program Managers.
- Ensures full compliance with project/grant agreements and with statutory and technical legislation issued by appropriate government authorities..
- Closely monitor events in Magumeri (humanitarian situation, politics, and security, etc.), in order to identify potential challenges or opportunities for IRC interventions.
- Oversees the work of programming teams during the preparatory works, assessments, technical requirements, and selection of external entities in support of the specific projects/program.
Coordination and Representation:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders in Magumeri – including community and religious leaders, NGOs, local government authorities etc., to enhance cooperation and coordination between organizations.
- Attend on a regular basis the interagency security meetings organized in town and provide regular feedback to the security coordinator and the DDFM.
- Other duties related to Operations Management which may be assigned by the DDFM to maximize program outcomes.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Deputy Director of Field Management
- Position directly supervises: Supply chain Assistant, Warehouse/storekeeper, Admin Assistant, Finance Assistant, Cook and Cleaner
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- University Degree in Management, Community Development or equivalent qualification.
- 1-2 years minimum professional experience with preference for experience working with international NGOs;
- Strong sense of personal integrity and proven staff management and team building skills.
- Strong Supply Chain management skills.
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable working environment while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Experience and reliability in carrying out safety and security protocols
- Strong negotiation skills essential with experience in conflict resolution desirable;
- Experience of working with local stakeholders such as local and international NGOs, government etc.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri language is added advantage
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office; Excel and Strong Computer skill.
- Excellent management and organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player with proven management and leadership skills.
- Solid ability to provide team-building, coaching, and development for staff as well as encourage cross-functional collaboration and cooperation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Qualified candidates from and living in Magumeri LGA are encouraged to apply
No related posts.