Senior Accountant Job at Altara Credit in Nigeria May 2019
Employment Vacancy For Senior Accountant at Altara Credit in Nigeria May 2019
Career Vacancy : Senior Accountant Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Altara Credit Limited Job Recruitment
Altara Credit Limited – At Altara, our mission is simple: to improve the lives of Nigerians. To do this, Altara and its dedicated team seek to tackle a critical challenge in Africa – access to payment solutions that make product prices more digestible.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- We are looking to hire a “Senior Accountant”. This is a role where you will report directly to the General Manager. In this capacity you will be responsible for providing the financial results of the company
- The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results
- This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal- oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Location: Head office: Lagos. Role may require some domestic travel.
- Interaction with all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual reports.
- Work with Audit, Tax and Treasury to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through annual report.
- Track income and expenses, and be able to prepare detailed revenue and expense reports when necessary.
- Preparation of monthly portfolio account
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes with all stakeholders within the organization.
- Supervise the completion of monthly bank and revenue account reconciliations.
- Interface with management and executives concerning questions and issues.
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Month End Reconciliation of accounts (Purchases, sales, inventory, expenses, transfers, payments, deposits).
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Work to continuously improve accounting/finance procedures and internal controls.
- Manage the monthly account analysis and prepare detailed journal entries.
- Manage financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliation and report preparation.
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Preparing summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Preparation of company financials which consists Income statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow statement and Trial balance
- Excellent written and face interpersonal, communication and persuasion skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Commitment to achieving performance goals.
- Familiarity and experience using accounting technology programs.
- Familiarity with tax accounting for finance companies in Nigeria, highly required.
- Great at time management, multitasking and prioritizations skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- A member of professional accounting body (ACA/ACCA)
- 4 year+ of working for a consumer finance company, Microfinance Company or a bank.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications containing the following below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume (1 page max.)
- A short paragraph as to why you are interested in the role (Half a page)
- In 5 bullet points, choose 5 individual responsibilities (listed above) and express why you would excel in the role with an example of your most recent achievement or project you have completed in the past to support each point.
Application Deadline 15th May, 2019.