Medecins Sans Frontieres ICT Supervisor Job in Nigeria 2019
Job Opportunity For ICT Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres in Nigeria May 2019
Career Vacancy : ICT Supervisor Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Medecins Sans Frontieres Job Recruitment
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Supervisor
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (functional) : Logistics Coordinator / IT Technical Referent at HQ
Area: Logistics and supply
Main Objective of the Position
- Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
- Trains local IT assistants on daily maintenance tasks and 1st level support, as well as the radio operators in order to improve ICT staff capabilities and to improve lead time response
- Ensures questions and problems related to ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any time). Registering, reports and refers unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards.
- Installs, maintains and monitors, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission (capital and projects)
- Supervises, plans and provides network security, supports and trains users, applies security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.)
- Registers, reports and refers unsolved questions,problems and unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- 50% of the time in the the projects: Damaturu, Gwoza, Monguno, Maiduguri and Pulka
- Monthly reports to Logco registering all the activities, problems, soutions proposed and plans for following month
- Responsible of configuring computers and printers according to MSF standards and programmes
- In collaboration with field logs follows the radio set up in the projects: adequate signal of HF and VHF, operational bases, antennas, car equipment and handsets.
- Essential: Advanced Diploma in IT.
- Desirable: Degree in Technical Engineering.
- At least 2 years in IT related jobs.
- Desirable experience in Radio.
- Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C, Veritas, etc.)
- Essential, mission working language; essential working knowledge of English and good command of ICT English.
- Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
- Antivirus: Kaspersky
- Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access.
- Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux)
- MS Office 2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheric
- Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Participles L2
- Stress Management L3.
- N251 200/month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and motivation letter ONLY by e-mail to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
No related posts.