HR Desk Manager Recruitment at ALIMA in Nigeria June 2019
HR Desk Manager Recruitment at the Alliance for International Medical Action in Nigeria June 2019
Career Vacancy : HR Desk Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Alliance for International Medical Action Job Recruitment
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Desk Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria with regular visits to Dakar and regular field visits.
Main Mission and Responsibilities
- The HR Desk Manager is leading and supporting the development and motivation of teams with the objective to contribute to the success and impact of our projects.
- He/she ensures that all HR work is led in a collaborative manner and in a way that respects ALIMA’s Charters and empowers project teams.
Main activities and Responsibilities
Recruitment and placement:
- You will work with the coordination and desk teams and advice on team composition, identifying international recruitment needs as well as secondment opportunities, following the development of talents and career paths.
- Together with HQ recruitment officers, pool technical advisors and HR Desk Managers, you will identify people to fill positions through internal placement or external recruitment.
- You will also work with the support of our existing tools and processes (pool meetings, tests, interviews, reference checks …) within the given timeframe and with the objective of optimum team composition.
- As part of the Nigeria DESK team, you will contribute to the operations definition, monitoring and evaluation.
- You may participate as needed in exploration missions to open new projects or set up emergency responses.
- You will act as a key person for the support of managers at all level, including the development of management trainings as appropriate.
- You will support and offer advice to the field HR teams so that their work supports our operations and help teams put the patient first.
- Projects HR and administration support:
HR global projects:
- You are a member of the HQ HR team, and as such, you will:
- Integrate the Desk HR Managers group who meet once a week in order to support each other
- Integrate HR working groups on different global projects, such as competency framework, recruitment strategy, learning platform, global policies update etc…
- Work with the whole HR team on the lessons learnt every year and strategy for the following year
- Contribute to the annual HQ budget planning according to the needs of the Nigeria Desk team
- You are in charge of the HR management of the Abuja office team
- You will need to set up a team to whom you can delegate the administrative responsibilities, including payroll and with whom you will work on HQ specific objectives like employer branding and recruitment for the wider ALIMA
Who ALIMA is looking for
- You are capable of making decisions when it is necessary, whether it is easy or not
- You know how to help people around you see the big picture and take it into account when they make decisions
- You love the diversity in your work and are very flexible and agile
- You don’t avoid conflict, and even more, you know how to deal with conflict whether you like it or not
- You think a job well-done means planning, anticipation, organization, and communication
- Quick to learn
- Good at listening
- Creative and open minded
- Interested in medical humanitarian operations and research
- You enjoy supporting others, giving advice and act as a service provider rather than being the boss who decides
- Worked in the humanitarian field for a few years, meaning in the field
- Moved boxes and helped your colleagues do boring but necessary tasks when they needed help and still are learning every day: you are reading on a regular basis and you like to read about all kinds of field, including HR
- Learned to analyze information, situations, and facts and used your critical mind more than once to find solutions
- You speak fluent French and English, meaning you can also write well in both languages.
- Contract: Open Ended Contract, 3 months probationary period renewable once – maximum 6 months of probationary period.
- Starting Date: July 2019.
Salsry and Benefits
- This is an HQ position and as such is paid according to HQ compensation and benefits policies which are different from expatriate positions since the position and contract are long terms.
- Travel costs between the employee’s country of residence and Abuja, Nigeria, unless recruited locally;
- Five weeks annual leave per year as well as a recovery system for days spent on work travels; + one additional month paid leave after 3 years at HQ
- One round trip per year between Abuja and the employee’s country of origin for the employee and her / his dependents + one individual round trip ;
- One-off relocation allowance at the beginning of the contract in Abuja, according to HR policy;
- School annual enrolment fees for children from 2 to 18, according to the ALIMA HQ policy;
- Medical cover insurance including repatriation insurance for the employee and her/ his dependents, as per the definition of our insurer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply, please send your CV and your answers to the following questions (which stands for a classical cover letter) on our job page with the reference “Desk Nigeria : HR Desk Manager ” in the subject line:
- Why are you applying for ALIMA in light of ALIMA’s operational approach and CHARTER? https://www.alima-ngo.org/en/our-charter
- If we tell you that you need “a tamed ego and a big heart in order to find solutions together”, what does it mean to you? Please tell us about one personal or professional experience that sustains this idea.
- How are you going to ensure that you build the right support for the Nigeria project/regional teams without doing their jobs?
- When would you be available to start?
Application Deadline 8th June, 2019.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications (CV + answer to questions) will be taken into account.