Job Vacancies at 234 Naija in Lagos Nigeria May 2019
Job Vacancies in a Media Production and Events Management Organization in Lagos May 2019
Career Vacancy : Performing Artist Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Dance Choreographer Job Recruitment
234 Naija is an arts-inclined media production and events management organization that produces top-quality documentaries, entertaining drama series and educational television shows. We are constantly seeking creativity and we give room for young Nigerians to express their talents and develop their skills.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Performing Artist (Dancer)
- Dancers are performers who use their bodies in a beautiful, artistic and expressive manner for the pleasure of an audience. Dancers use their bodies and their expert movements to tell stories and convey emotions.
- Hours can be long and unsocial. Training and rehearsals take place during the day, with most performances taking place in the evening. Many shows run for six days each week.
- Rehearse several hours each day to prepare for their performance
- Study new and emerging types of dance
- Work closely with instructors or other dancers to interpret or modify choreography
- Attend promotional events, such as photography sessions, for the production in which they are appearing
- Athleticism. Successful dancers must have excellent balance, physical strength, and physical dexterity, so they can move their bodies without falling or losing their sense of rhythm.
- Creativity. Dancers need artistic ability and creativity to express ideas through movement.
- Persistence. Dancers must commit to years of intense practice. They need to be able to accept rejection after an audition and to continue to practice for future spots.
- Physical stamina. Dancers are often physically active for long periods, so they must be able to rehearse for many hours without getting tired.
- Teamwork. Most dance routines involve a group, so dancers must be able to work together to be successful.
Job Title: Performing Artist (Magician/Illusionist)
- A magician is a professional entertainer who uses various methods of magic or illusion to astound watching audiences. Magic is a performing art which uses natural means to achieve the illusion of supernatural feats
- The routine often involves the use of props, such as cards, glasses, coins or rope, but the total scope of possible routine is vast
- Magicians perform tricks and create optical illusions for the entertainment all age groups. They must be good actors to successfully maintain the interest and attention of their audiences as they are performing tricks
- To learn new tricks and practice them to a professional standard.
- To be entertaining when performing for the enjoyment of public audiences.
- To arrive at the venue in a timely fashion and perform for the pre-agreed time span.
- To be courteous, approachable and enthusiastic to members of the public.
- In the case of table magicians, the illusionist must engage with the immediate public in an entertaining way.
- No formal education required
- Must be comfortable speaking and performing in public
- Must have an excellent understanding of the routines and techniques which are to be performed.
- Must be able to use props and tools in a safe manner, as there is a potential that some may be harmful to participants and performers.
- Must ensure public safety for routines which involve direct audience participation.
Job Title: Dance Choreographer
- Choreographers create original dances and develop new interpretations of existing dances. During rehearsals, they typically demonstrate dance moves, to instruct dancers in the proper technique.
- Create dances or interpretations of existing dances
- Choose the music that will accompany a dance routine
- Audition dancers for a role in a show
- Assist with costume design, lighting, and other artistic aspects of a show
- Teach complex dance movements
- Study new and emerging types of dance to design more creative dance routines
- Help with the administrative duties, such as budgeting
- Creativity: Choreographers must have artistic ability and innovative ideas, to create new and interesting dance routines.
- Interpersonal skills: They should be able to network within their communities.
- Leadership skills: Choreographers must be able to direct a group of dancers to perform the routines that they have created.
- Persistence: They must keep studying and creating new routines.
- Physical stamina: They are often physically active for long periods, so they must be able to rehearse for many hours without getting tired.
- Teamwork: Most dance routines involve a group, so dancers must be able to work together to be successful.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Profile and Photograph to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 7th May, 2019.
No related posts.