Fastizers Food and Confectionery Ltd Jobs in Nigeria April 2019
Career Vacancies at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited in Nigeria April 2019
Career Vacancy : Marketing/Brand Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Research & Development Officer Job Recruitment
Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited started with its first production of cookies 5 years ago, desiring to cater to its immediate community. This first batch of home-made Fastizers Cookies, produced with less than N1,000, got so much positive feedback it inspired the production of subsequent batches, however still on a small scale from a home-kitchen.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Development Officer
- Research current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts.
- Design and develop products & processes while ensuring Food Safety for consumers, fulfilling regulatory requirements and complying with Fastizers Quality Policies
- Design the processes and machinery for making products with a consistent flavour, colour and texture.
- Develop new recipes as per management requirements.
- Modify existing products and processes and develop new ones
- Prepare product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products
- Run trials of new products
- Document and report on test runs and results. Identify any potential issues or improvements to the process or formulations and discuss with management team.
- Coordinate launches of new products
- Connect and use network to develop better and faster products & processes
- Work on packaging innovation and technology
- Coordinate with external vendors for ingredients and other material needs in order to fulfill organizational needs
- Work collaboratively and develop strong relationships with cross functional teams including; QA, Operations, and Procurement to solve key business issues and drive profitable growth.
- Actively participating in and encouraging improvement initiatives that improve our win rate and improve our new product scale up.
- Maintain high accurate documentation of the product development process
- Implement quality standards for the biscuits produced
- Ensure that strict hygiene food safety standards are met and quality programs are followed.
- Seeks to continuously improve production and R&D processes through best practice.
- Check and improve safety and quality control procedures in the organization and suppliers’ factories, from the raw material stage through to the finished product
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- B.Tech Food Technology or related discipline
- Vast knowledge of biscuit/confectionery industry
- Knowledge of biscuits raw materials and processes
- Product Development
- Creative &Innovative thinking
- Must be able to multi-task working on multiple items at any time
- Packaging Development and Formulation
- Analytical analysis of ingredients.
- Excellent communication &Interpersonal skills
- Effective team player
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar role (Biscuit/Confectionery)
- Must be willing to live in Agbara or environs
Job Title: Marketing/Brand Manager
- Responsible for developing marketing strategies for the organization in other to increase sales volume and maintain a competitive edge over competitors.
- Ensuring all branding and key information strategies are in line with overall business strategy without compromising the brand’s integrity.
- Perform regular market research studies to gather important brand data
- Devise marketing campaigns with the goal of increasing product awareness and increasing profits.
- Carrying out market research to gain a clear understanding of what the organization’s customers really want and identify new market opportunities.
- Handling consumer and market insights, including the ability to analyze market data, and conduct consumer research.
- Analyzing market trends with an aim of identifying unexploited or new markets for the organization’s products and services.
- Overseeing new product introductions, product specifications such as design, color, and packaging, Research and Development and evaluate its financial aspects.
- Maintain contact with distributors to get critical input on how product design and implementation can be improved.
- Promoting new products, representing the firm at charitable events and other happenings taking place throughout the community.
- Feedback to the management on competitors’ activities, market situations and customer’s complaints on best practices and the latest trends in brand marketing that ensure that the business does not lag behind of its competition
- Work with other departments to ensure a strategic overview of the business and future market opportunities.
- Work closely with several advertising agencies to manage brand marketing campaigns
- Contribute to the development and execution of all ground events, promotions for the business/brand
- Develop and execute online marketing plans, commence strategy and programs, including web site development and utilization.
- Must possess B.Sc/HND in Marketing/Business Administration or related discipline
- Must be creative
- Strong attention to details
- Perform effectively under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and inspire the same in others,
- Be proactive and reactive.
- Have excellent problem solving skills, and demonstrate calmness and composure in uncertainty.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional verbal and report presentation abilities
- Extensive experience in packaging design and retail display creation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Market knowledge and meeting marketing goals.
- Must be flexible, persuasive and can easily influence others.
- Must be computer literate skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume/Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title Initials as Job code. For Example: R/D as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 2nd May, 2019.
Note: Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.