Career Vacancy : Treasury Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Nestle Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment
Nestle Nigeria Plc with a presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Officer
Main purpose of the Position
- Our Treasury Officer supports the Treasury department in achieving set objectives for Trade operations at country level, in compliance with local laws & regulations.
- Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose- to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
- As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, every day. We expect this same commitment of our Treasury Officer who Keeps track of foreign vendors’ invoices, and other invisible transactions to ensure that payments are made as at when due.
- To succeed in this role you must be an effective team leader, with excellent interpersonal skills, strong drive and passion for business results.
A day in the life of…
- You liaise with banks and other departments in the Company to ensure that road blocks to payment of foreign vendors’ invoices in good time are cleared- e.g. documents discrepancies, expiration of bills, unposted invoices to vendor’s accounts, Missing Final Exchange Control Document (FECD) etc.
- Analyze and report LC deposit(s) for imports and recover excess FX from the banks.
- Advise Nestle Treasury Centre (NTC) on bills that are due for payment, to trigger sourcing of FX and negotiate rates with the banks for foreign exchange, to complete payment process to the foreign vendors.
- Prepare bank letters daily for payment of foreign invoices that are due for payment.
- Advise NBS of payment made, and reconciliation of Vendors accounts to reflect payments made.
- Prepare and report weekly, the Company’s FX exposure and circulates to relevant stakeholders.
- Track Form M which have been duly established with the banks, to ensure that the related Letters of Credit (LC) are opened for all imports, within reasonable time, to avoid stock out of materials in the Company.
- Update Treasury Tracker daily for Form M, LCs, Duty Receipts, Pre-Arrival Assessment Report-PAAR, Shipping documents, Forex (FX) Bids, (FECDs) etc.
What Will Make You Successful?
- BSc degree or HND in any Accounting, Finance related discipline (Minimum of Second Class Lower or HND Lower Credit).
- Prior experience in accounting or finance would be beneficial.
- SAP experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of Nestle Accounting Standards
- Knowledge of Procure to Pay process, policies and tools
- Knowledge of internal controls on Account Payables (AP) processes
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft office package.
- Must have a minimum of 2-4 years’ relevant experience/ Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, etc).
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Accounting & Finance
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations related to Trade
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply