The Centre for Inclusive Agriculture and Gender Development (CIA-GED) is a non-governmental organisation that focuses on reduction of bottlenecks in agriculture with attention on the health status of farmers in rural and peri-urban areas in Nigeria. We are based in Ondo State, South West Nigeria but with reach in other peri urban and rural locations in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant
Locations: Sokoto and Kaduna
- Centre for Inclusive Agriculture and Gender Development (CIA-GED) focuses on reduction of bottlenecks in agriculture with attention on the health status of farmers in rural areas. CIA-GED educates, engages and empowers value chain actors especially female and youth based in the rural areas in Nigeria
- CIA-GED seeks to work towards improvement of the livelihood of small business owners especially, farmers who need to see farming as business and businesses related to agriculture and based in rural area with concept of inclusivity
- CIA-GED mainstreams gender equity in their activities and collaborate with relevant organizations looking into inclusive business development approaches for smallholder farmers in Nigeria
- Therefore CIA-GED, through action-research with farming households, is particularly interested to follow up on how women involved in agriculture are negatively impacted due to reproductive activities and the need to support women with innovative technologies and labour saving tools that will serve as supporting structures for women in agriculture.
- Position and Duty station: The programme assistant’s position will be based in Sokoto, Sokoto State and the position requires intensive travels (minimum 50-60% of the time) to the field, interacting with value chain actors inclusive of women and youths.
- The Programme Assistant is responsible for assisting in the implementation of CIA-GED activities in Sokoto State and will be involved in day to day administration of the NGO in Sokoto.
- S/he will work with CIA-GED team in setting strategy and intervention model of activities in the field in conjunction with other relevant organisations.
- S/he will be involved in inclusive commodity specific value chains driven by smallholder farmers and their respective private off-taker partners and activities around gender mainstreaming, reproductive health and where applicable document issues related to female genital mutilation (FGM) and activities with traditional birth attendants (TBAs) in Sokoto State
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a participatory way with stakeholders of diverse interests and at all levels (from farmers to high-level officials)
- Ability to write quality documents in English (international standards)
- Good knowledge of office tools (Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint is a must)
- Candidates must base in the location (Sokoto or Kaduna)
- Fluent in Hausa and English (Yoruba an added advantage but not compulsory)
- Minimum of a B.Sc/HND in an Agriculture related course or Public Health preferably
- Relevant volunteering experience in agribusiness related discipline or experience in health related issues will count.
- OND/NCE with over 5 years of field experience can also apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should their Applications in English in the form of an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating clearly the target position and location (Sokoto or Kaduna) in the subject line of the email, and including as separate attachments a Cover Letter and a CV.
Application Deadline 28th February, 2019.
- Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply.