Career Vacancy : Uber Nigeria Job Description
Employment Opportunity : West Africa Public Policy Manage Job Recruitment
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and one billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion – one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: West Africa Public Policy Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About Public Policy at Uber
- Our public policy team is responsible for working with policymakers and third parties to make the positive case for Uber.
- That’s partly about building lasting relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians and their staff so they understand the benefits of ridesharing.
- It also about figuring out the best local regulatory framework and then developing campaigns to push reform through.
About this Role
- We are looking for someone to join our Government Affairs & Policy Team leading our efforts in West Africa, based in Lagos.
- You will report directly to our Head of Policy for Middle East and Africa.
This role will involve:
- Supporting Uber’s Government Affairs & Policy team in West Africa;
- Establishing Uber’s brand and profile with policy makers – including governments, third parties and academics; and
- Working to ensure that the regulatory framework in every country supports ridesharing apps like Uber.
What We’re Looking For
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A great advocate: We’re looking to create new regulatory frameworks that encourage innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership. You’ll need the intellectual curiosity to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone—both orally and in writing.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. So you’ll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there’s a better alternative to today’s outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do—and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well-organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Ideally, you would have 8+ years experience in government affairs, but we’re open to people in other walks of life (e.g. the law, media, consultancy) that intuitively get this stuff and may be looking for a career change. Fluency in English, both oral and written, is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply