Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Administrative Manager
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 3 months
Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
- Under the technical supervision of the administrative coordinator and the HR coordinator and the direct management of the field coordinator:
- The administrator carries out administrative, accounting and financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures.
- He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management, and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers.
- He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base.
- He supports monitors and trains the members of his administrative team.
List of Main Activities
Administrative management of personnel:
- Assist in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing
- Supervise the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base according to recruitment SI process
- Supervise the archiving, handling and security of Solidarités International personnel files
- Draft employment contracts for employees at his/her base, and ensure that they understand them
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
- Centralise training requests from teams and set up a training plan
- Assist in ordering and determining disciplinary measures
- Apply the formalities provided for sanctions and for termination or breach of contract
- Supervise the collection of elements needed to establish wages and monitor their proper implementation
- Assist in defining and applying Solidarités International’s salary and social policies
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies
- Oversee the setting up of legal representation and consultation bodies for personnel at his/her base, and assist in conflict management and resolution
- Conduct meetings and communication with personnel
- Track the cost of living at his/her assignment base
- Update the organization chart of his/her assignment base
- Define the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruit according to the resources allocated
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative team at his/her assignment base
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative team
- Lead meetings for the administrative team
- Manage his/her base’s cash-flow by requesting funds to coordination on time
- Manage transfers and monitor the security of funds
- Formulate cash-flow forecasts with the logistics manager and the program managers
- Supervise the upkeep and security of safes and cash-boxes
- Validate all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Solidarités International procedures
- Supervise account keeping at his/her base, monitor cash balances
- Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base
- Verify the accounting files before they are sent to coordination
Budgetary / financial monitoring:
- Update allocation boards for his/her base
- Update and analyse budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress
- Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor functioning costs at his/her assignment base
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Aid the administrative coordinator in formulating financial reports and carrying out audits
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
Administrative management of the mission:
- Verify and validate all contracts drafted at the base
- Assist in selecting Solidarités International premises
- Ensure administrative monitoring of insurance locations, claims and contracts
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitor regulations in force
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International on request and/or by order
- Supervise the sending of administrative files to the coordination
- Ensure administrative and financial reports are made to the coordination according to the Solidarités administrative calendar
Personal abilities :
- Professional experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Languages: English, (Hausa, Kanuri a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritsation of tasks
Technical competences :
- Training: Bsc. Economic, management administration supply, social science
- Microsoft Office ( Excel and Word skills).
- Management related skills
Job Title: Emergency Program Manager Assistant
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 1 month
Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
- The Emergency Program Manager Assistant is in charge of supporting the wash coordinator towards the good implementation, achievement and reporting of the objectives defined in the proposals, focusing on the emergency activities. Emergency activities include in particular cholera response and rapid response to new influxes of population in all SI’s areas of intervention, as well as outside when possible. The Emergency PMA will also be involved in assessments and representation.
- He / She supports the proper coordination between the operational teams (water supply, water quality, sanitation, public health, hygiene promotion) and the emergency team, in Maiduguri and in the other bases in Borno state, and in cooperation with the wash coordinator.
List Of Main Responsibilities
Project relevance, quality and design:
- Contribute to establishing operational assessment and evaluations activities;
- Contribute to designing proper SOPs for cholera response as well as rapid response to new influxes of population;
- Contribute to define SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s emergency strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities to better conduct rapid response in Borno State;
- Responsible to propose and guarantee quality approach mechanism are in place for the programs to ensure transparency accountability of SI activities;
- Support the implementation of the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy and SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s technical requirements;
- Participate in evaluating the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual development and the population’s needs;
- Participate in building the teams abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies;
- With the help of the MEAL department and the WASH Coordinator, produce and update weekly maps of cholera cases and WASH infrastructure for all SI’s areas of intervention.
Implementation and operational monitoring:
- Support the Project Team Leaders in planning their operational activities;
- Outset up and coordinate with bases emergency interventions within the different bases of SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL in Nigeria when needed (outbreak of cholera, sudden influx of IDPs in one location, delayed activities etc.)
- Ensure the quality of the interventions while meeting tight deadlines.
- Participate in any of the assessments or spearhead missions (opening, detachment, partnership support etc.)
- Support the WASH Coordinator in ensuring the project management, monitoring and evaluation tools are in each operational department;
- Propose quality criteria and monitoring indicators for programs;
- Anticipate any issues linked with carrying out the activities and help to resolve any problems related to the activities;
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the activity depending on contextual and indicator developments;
Institutional Knowledge Building – IKB:
- Use the IKB tools proposed by SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL ;
- Support the writing of SOPs for the emergency team as well as their activities and responses;
- Support the writing of technical annexes and chapters including methodologies/tools etc. developed on the field
- Participate in the centralization, validation, and distribution of procedures, guidelines and tools linked to the multisector activities;
- Build up on SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (and stakeholders) intervention methods and techniques;
- To ensure that project files are complete, regularly updated, and saved on the mission external hard drive;
- In collaboration with the WASH Coordinator, set up technical trainings depending on the operational needs and identified training requirements;
- Lead working groups and thematic meetings with the support of WASH Coordinator;
- Ensure adherence to SI security regulations and reinforce them with his /her team.
Reporting/ Communication / representation:
- Pass upward to the Coordination team any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL activities and safety of the teams;
- Support the drafting of activities reports and amendments (including any annexes relating to specific activities) for the financial donors, local authorities and for internal purposes (weekly and monthly reports) by compiling all the operational data before sending them to the Multisector Program Manager;
- Ensure that all reports required by the WASH Coordinator are delivered on time and in the correct format;
- Coordinate all the assessments realised by his team and the others of each SI base to give an updated vision of the situation on a timely basis.
- In collaboration with the WASH Coordinator, and administrative department, support the preparation of administrative documents (MoU, handover, etc.) to be jointly signed with government authorities, communities or partner’s especially concerning new areas;
- In collaboration with the WASH Coordinator and the logistic department, support the preparation of logistic requests for tis activities (IOF, BOQ, planning,…).;
- In his / her assignment area, might be appointed to represent SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL at meeting or forums concerning the activities;
- With the help of the WASH Coordinator, prepare monitoring documents and updates for the WASH sector and other partners during and outside of the cholera response.
- Professional experience: 2 year of experience in team leader position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and/or strong operational background
- Languages: English, Hausa, Kanuri (Shuwa and/or Fulani a strong plus)
- Flexible, adaptable, autonomous, Honest, very good organization, multi-tasking, team player
Technical competences :
- Ability to lead emergency interventions= analyze the context, plan the logistics and implement the action plan in short notice
- Knowledge of at least one HP (PHAST/CHAST/CLTS) methodology.
- Mastery of project cycle management: Ability to report efficiently (oral and written) and to plan and lead a working site
- Proficiency in at least one technical domain = Civil engineering / geology / hydrology/Humanities/Hygiene promotion
- Ability to manage a team, daily workers and to deal with a wide range of stakeholders (contractors, authorities etc..)
- Microsoft Office (advanced Excel and Word skills), Kobo Collect, ODK.
Salary and conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- When the above link opens, select “Base Administrative Manager”, fill the form and attach your CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date
Application Deadline 20th January, 2019.