Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Estimating Engineer
Vacancy ref.: 59297
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
Functional unit: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Nigeria Tendering Manager
Description of Function
- Reporting to the Nigeria Tendering Manager, the Estimating Engineer will be based in Lagos office and will be in charge of establishing cost estimates in accordance with ITT requirements, technical constraints and commercial aspects. He or she is also responsible for developing and updating tools and cost databases.
- Do the cash flow analysis in order to obtain favorable payment conditions in the contract.
- Prepare the commercial deliverables for our proposal, especially the price schedule, unit rates and commercial qualifications.
- Implement cost impacts during the contract clarification and negotiation phase.
- Handover to the project in case of contract award.
- Contribute to the development of estimating tools and benchmarks.
- Support Tendering Department in other relevant functions/deliverables as required.
- Build up cost estimates of Commercial Proposals respecting internal rules and procedures.
- Develop the execution plan with the Tender Lead and Commercial Lead for the purpose of having a complete, accurate and optimized cost estimate.
- Perform cost simulation to evaluate the execution alternatives that will allow the Tender lead to select the most cost effective solution
- Take into account deliverables issued by all the departments involved in tenders and clarify where necessary. Also provide information upfront as may be required by these departments for establishing their deliverables, in close collaboration with the Tender Lead and the Commercial Lead.
- Tender Lead(s) and Commercial Lead(s)
- All departments involved in the tendering process,
- Africa Management team during tender boards
Profile – Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Produces work of high quality and accuracy
- Flexibility to work within the demands of the role.
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods.
- Proactive and curious. Ability to take an overall view and critical mind
- Degree in an Engineering or related discipline with very good cost estimation and control skills in Oil and Gas industry.
- Maximum 5 years technical experience in engineering, fabrication or operations with strong background / experience in cost estimation and control.
- Good understanding of Oil & Gas Subsea products and activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st April, 2019.