The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The Centre was founded to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in the West Africa sub region. As the foremost think tank on democratization and development in West Africa, CDD provides alternatives and best practices in support of democracy and good governance in the region.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reporting to: Head of Finance
- Specific project accounting
- Financial reporting to donors
- Preparing corporate accounts
- Updating financial records and ensuring compliance with internal control procedures.
- Carry out bank reconciliations
- Liaising with tax authorities and other related agencies
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- The job holder must have a B.Sc in Accounting.
- Must be a professionally qualified Accountant
- At least three years hands on experience on a similar job in an IT accounting environment
- Experience in working in an NGO is very essential
- The job holder must have excellent understanding of excel, word and quickbook accounting software.
- Audit experience while not compulsory will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer’s specific duties will be programme monitoring and evaluation: ensuring that the programme is performing optimally to achieve established results/targets, and monitoring progress on performance indicators.
- S/he shall develop and manage the system for reporting on programme results as per monthly reporting guidelines and to donors as per donor reporting guidelines.
- S/he shall: ensure that programme plans and activities are directed towards achieving targets identified in proposal performance management plans and Annual Operating Plans; assist in negotiating with funders over indicators/performance information required from the organisation; implement and monitor a system for collecting data and information from Programme staff, partners, and sub-grantees on indicators/targets, including success stories that highlight the work of the organization.
- S/he shall be familiar with and communicate to rest of staff the basic tenets of programme Monitoring and Evaluation (such as the DFID log frame, or “logical framework” approach).
- S/he shall ensure that reports conform to specified/required formats, and that reports correspond to grant-specific as well as AOP objectives.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- First level university degree in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
- 3+ years experience in programme monitoring and implementation
- Thorough familiarity with grant rules, regulations and requirements common to programmes funded by development cooperation agencies & foundations (such as USAID, DFID, NED, UNDP), and
- Proven abilities in programme DME (design, monitoring, and evaluation), including familiarity with best practices in use in the NGO sector to plan, monitor, and measure impact of programmes. This position requires the ability to work with a diverse team, to manage pressure effectively, and strong organizational skills are all essential.
Job Title: Programme Officer, Anti-Corruption
Reporting to: Programmes Coordinator
- This position holder will provide support for the implementation of the organisation’s anti-corruption and illicit financial flows project(s).
- The candidate must be able to multi-task and implement project with limited supervision.
- S/he must have excellent writing and communications skills, demonstrate interest in anti-corruption practice and theory, and work well in a team.
- Provide support for day-to-day management of anti-corruption and Illicit financial flows project the organisation is directly implementing and those implemented by CDD partners;
- Provide support for management of partners, social groups and networks in States and local government areas where organisation’s projects are implemented;
- Work closely with the Colleagues for effective communication of anti-corruption projects’ progress with donors, partners and other stakeholders to achieve broad objectives of projects and reporting requirement;
- Provide support for the reporting of projects’ results and impacts;
- Provide support for projects’ administration such as negotiating with hotel, identification of service providers/consultants, etc. while working closely with Administrative Unit;
- Produce budget for events/workshops and assist in the development of yearly project plan; and
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the organisations and the donor agencies in the delivery of mandates.
- First degree in Social Sciences, Humanities and Law
- MSc./MA in the disciplines will be an added advantage
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- At least 2 years of professional programme management experience in programs related to anti-corruption and illicit financial flows;
- At least 4 years of work experience; and
- Demonstrated experience in working on anti-corruption programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills including demonstrated writing, proofreading, and research skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop, establish and maintain good relationships with local partners
- Good financial acumen and ability to develop, manage and monitor project budgets
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong IT Skills in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward (in one document) a one page Cover letter, a maximum 3 page Resume and Referees contact details by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 4th February, 2019.
Job Title: Programme Officer (Francophone)
- This exciting and challenging position carries responsibilities for project development, management and implementation.
- Other responsibilities include: fundraising, networking, research support and policy analysis, monitoring and evaluation, events organising and conference coordination.
- Reporting to the Head of Programmes
- The suitable candidate will hold a post-graduate degree in the Social Sciences, Humanities, Law or related field, experience of working in post-conflict or transition environment
- Adaptability to new demands and changing circumstances, sound analytical and report writing skills, ability to translate strategic aims into practical plans, ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines as well as demonstrable experience of project management and multi-tasking.
- Strong inter-personal and communication qualities will be coupled with teamwork skills and the candidate will have a good understanding of democratisation, international development and human security issues in the West Africa.
- Fluency in both French and English is mandatory.
- Candidates must be from a Francophone country.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page Cover letter, a maximum 3 page resume and referees contact details to: email@example.com Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for.
Application Deadline 7th February, 2019.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for. For example, Subject: Oguaghamba Chinedu Steve, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- No phone calls, please. CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.