Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood Program Manager Assistant
Location: Ngala, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 month
Goal / Purpose
- The Food Security and Livelihood Assistant is in charge of supporting the Multisector Project Coordinator and the Activity Managers towards the good implementation, achievement and reporting of the objectives defined in the proposals;
- S/he guarantees the proper coordination mechanisms are in place inside the operational teams in the different areas of intervention, and in cooperation with the Multisector Project Coordinator.
Liste of Main Task
Project relevance, quality and design:
- Contribute to establishing operational assessment and evaluations activities;
- Contribute to define Solidarites International’s FSL local strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities, especially activities targeting vulnerable people and IDPs in Borno State;
- Responsible to propose and guarantee quality approach mechanism are in place for the programs to ensure transparency accountability of SI activities;
- Support the writing of technical annexes and chapters (including the logical framework) for the proposals;
- Support the implementation of the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy and SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s technical requirements;
- Participate in evaluating the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual development and the population’s needs;
- Propose to the Multisector Project Coordinator adjustments to the programs, if necessary;
- Participate in building the teams abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies
Implementation and operational monitoring:
- Support the Activity Managers in planning their operational activities;
- Meet the deadlines and adhere to predefined quality specifications;
- Support the Multisector Project Coordinator in ensuring the project management, monitoring and evaluation tools are in each operational department;
- Propose quality criteria and monitoring indicators for programs;
- Anticipate any issues linked with carrying out the activities and help to resolve any problems related to the activities;
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the activity depending on contextual and indicator developments;
Institutional Knowledge Building – IKB:
- Use the IKB tools proposed by Solidarites International;
- Participate in the centralization, validation, and distribution of procedures, guidelines and tools linked to the multisector activities;
- Build up on Solidarites International (and stakeholders) intervention methods and techniques;
- Ensure that project files are complete, regularly updated, and saved on the mission external hard drive;
- Define the prerequisites for opened WASH positions together with the Multisector Program Manager;
- Greet and brief the new staff working on the program;
- In collaboration with the Multisector Project Coordinator, set up technical trainings depending on the operational needs and identified training requirements;
- Lead working groups and thematic meetings with the support of the Multisector Project Coordinator;
- Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his/her direct supervision on a regular basis;
- Ensure adherence to SI security regulations and reinforce them with his/her team.
Reporting/ Communication / Representation:
- Pass upward to the Multisector Project Coordinator and Coordination team any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL activities and safety of the teams;
- Support the drafting of activities reports and amendments (including any annexes relating to specific activities) for the financial donors, local authorities and for internal purposes (weekly and monthly reports) by compiling all the operational data before sending them to the Multisector Program Manager;
- Ensure that all reports required by the Multisector Project Coordinator are delivered on time and in the correct format;
- In his/her assignment area, might be appointed to represent SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL at meeting or forums concerning the activities;
- In collaboration with the Multisector Project Coordinator, and administrative department, support the preparation of administrative documents (MoU, handover, etc.) to be jointly signed with government authorities, communities or partner’s;
- Coordinate with field representatives in accordance with management guidelines;
- Coordinate with support team (Logistic and Administration) as well as field team involved on the program;
- Represent the organization when asked and/or delegated to do so;
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) – Humanitarian experience is a plus
- Languages: English (mandatory), Kanori, Haussa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (internal and external communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritization of tasks
- Training: University degree in Environmental Science, Agronomy or Crop Science or a similar domain.
- Relevant experience on Food items distribution and monitoring will be highly appreciated.
- Project related skills : good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, GIS, and drawing software (autocad).
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
Job Title: Field Coordinator Assistant
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 months
Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
Goal / Purpose
- The Field Coordinator Assistant assists the Field Coordinator in his/her representation, program coordination, strategy preparation and programming for Solidarités International in his/her intervention zone, coordination with other humanitarian participants, team management and security and humanitarian monitoring.
- These tasks entail strict confidentiality on the part of the Assistant Field Coordinator. It is strictly prohibited for the Field Coordinator Assistant to disclose information concerning Solidarités International and its activities without prior authorization from the Field Coordinator.
- In addition, the Field Coordinator Assistant participates in the specification of security measures to be undertaken at the base level in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, as well as their post-validation circulation.
List of Main Tasks
- Collect information within the Field Coordinator’s domain of responsibility by attending security briefings with – or in place of – the Field Coordinator
- Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field
- Analyze information and inform the Field Coordinator
- Make the weekly security pack and send it to the Field Coordinator
- Establish informal ties and a network of contacts enabling the collection and verification of diverse information
- Maintain an updated list of security contacts in the zone
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing
- Run the contextual and security briefing for new expatriates, in conjunction with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, represent Solidarités International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings
- Establish or reinforce relations with authorities under the delegation of the Field Coordinator;
- Meet with representatives from various authorities as often as needed to obtain documents or resolve related issues.
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs
- Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, attend meetings under his/her direct responsibility
- Participate in the drafting of Solidarités International’s intervention strategy in the zone (especially via annual programming) and suggest program orientations in liaison with the Field Coordinator and the base other departments. To this end, the Field Coordinator Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, for humanitarian monitoring in his/her intervention zone so as to anticipate as early as possible the pertinent needs to be addressed within Solidarités International’s mandate.
- Monitor the activities in the programs implemented in his/her intervention zone by comparing the evaluation, intervention and monitoring reports.
- Draft minutes for the Field Coordinator for each meeting he/she attends
- Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section
- Compile the weekly situation report and send it each Monday afternoon to the Field Coordinator
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, coordinate the weekly base meeting
- Draft the minutes for base meetings
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meetings
- Capacity to handle large work volumes
- Ability to work unde pressure and good stress management capacity
- Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
- Ability to work in multicultural environmental
- Active Listener, good Interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation, strong relationship building and networking skills
- Diplomatic and courteous
- MA in Project Management/Disaster and Risk Management/Political Science
- Expertise in Humanitarian Access Management
- Knowledge in Monitoring & Evaluation, Conduction Assessments
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Organisation, task prioritisation abilities
- Creative and autonomy
- IT Skills: Good knowledge of Office Software; Excel, Word, Outlook
- Professional Experience: 2-3 years experience in a similar position in NGO’s/Private or Public Sector
- Languages; Proficiency in English; knowledge of Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages is desirable.
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline 13th December, 2018.
- Candidates should select “FSL PM Assistant” and also fill the application form inside the link above and attach their CV’s
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.