PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is a foremost diversified Company, operating in the Food and Beverage, Logistics and Real Estate industry. The organisation has been a leading participant in the Nigerian economy. The company is a Holding Company with a number of subsidiary, sub-subsidiary and Joint Venture Companies. It is also involved in some strong regional and international partnerships in a bid to enhance sustainable growth.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Information Technology
Reference Number: 130-PEO00922
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- This role needs to be a trusted advisor to the management team.
- Additionally, this role will champion and lead new agile ways of working across the entire business unit IT landscape.
- A critical component of the role will be to attract and develop the digital talent needed to drive the organisation forward.
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
- The purpose of the role is to help drive business performance by leveraging technology as a competitive advantage and looking for ways to utilise technology advancements to connect with our customers / consumers, develop new business models, automate processes, leverage data to provide insights, and reduce costs.
Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure that optimal risk profile of projects and programmes based on business needs.
- Manage new demand for change across the UAC businesses.
- Ensure effective decommissioning and life cycle management of all local and Business Managed Applications, ensuring the applications are maintained in a supported state.
- Attract and develop talent across IT team to be able to work in an agile, collaborative and digital way.
- Be an active team player across the IT leadership team driving common ways of working and leveraging on group resources.
- Financial stewardship and management of the Group’s IT budget.
- Coordinates the acceptance, approval and prioritization of development project requests as well as existing system change requirements.
- Formulates and deploys short and long term strategic direction and road map for SAP application systems.
- Develops information technology business plan, effectively manage operational budget with cost prudence.
- Shape and drive how technology can enable the strategic priorities of UAC businesses.
- Demonstrated ability and proven experience to lead digital initiatives and ways of working.
- Manage the matrix of resources across the team, including virtual project teams, and 3rd party service providers.
- Be a master communicator. Ensuring that business leaders are well informed about how IT can drive their business, any major risk areas, implementation plans, financial impacts etc.
- Drive the adoption of global solutions into the Market, providing relevant feedback to Platform teams to ensure Fit for Purpose solutions
Requirements, Qualification & Experience
- An advanced degree in Information Technology or relevant Master’s degree an added advantage
- HND or BSc. in Computer Science/System/Electrical/Electronic Engineering/Applied Physics or related discipline, and relevant professional qualifications e.g. ITIL, CCNP, MCP, PMP or CCNA
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Information Technology, of which ten (10) years must be in a senior management role
- Experience in the FMCG Industry an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Knowledge of information Technology disciplines, including large scale project management, development, software acquisition, computing, contract management, and asset management
- Strong financial management and stewardship
- Ability to inspire and motivate a high performing team to deliver value using agile methodology.
- Ability to determine sourcing strategy (Insource vs Outsource) and manage vendor relationships
- Strong external network which can be used to accelerate initiatives within the organisation.
- A track record of introducing new business models, concepts and technology to drive business performance
- General management skills – ideally cross functionality (Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing & Sales, R&D, Infrastructure, Information Security, Data and Analytics)
- A demonstrated ability to manage complex, multi-project / programme and stakeholders across a large organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st December, 2018.