GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Employee Human Resources Manager
Ref No: 3228277
Locations: Abuja, Nigeria, Ghana
Job Function: Human Resources
Business Segment: Healthcare Human Resources
- In this role, you will be the first point of contact for People Leaders and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions.
- You will execute our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- You will also act as the HR manager of record for a client group.
- This role covers West & Central Africa including Nigeria & Ghana.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like PD, Session C, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple senior leaders and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organizations with acquired businesses, union relations, or global footprints
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in related area (or a high school graduate/GED or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of relevant HR work experience (can include internships)
- Required to travel % of the time (if applicable)
- French speaking capability will be an added advantage.
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
- Proponent of the segmented HR model, understands the benefits
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources
- GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply