BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Marketing Manager
- Responsible of the merchandising implementation in point of sales in Nigeria.
- Develop shopper and competition understanding in order to be more efficient in our promotion, in-store communication and development of packaging in Nigeria.
- Responsible of the implementation of BTL activities in Nigeria working closely with West Africa Product Managers, Nigeria Business Development Manager, Distributors and agencies.
- Responsible for defining the channel strategy (right portfolio, right pack & relevant POSM for the different channels) in Nigeria.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
Marketing Plan conception:
- Prioritize channels for each category and define the relevant activities to support growth of the business in Nigeria
- Support the BDM in defining the optimum distribution strategy in Nigeria
- Define the must have products and relevant POSM for each channel
Marketing Plan execution:
- Work with the distributor’s sales team on POSM implementation
- Work with the distributor’s sales team on the availability of must have products per channel
- Work with Product Managers on packaging development
- Brief agency for BTL activities implementation
- Ensure follow up of activities execution as per brief
- Reporting of activities implemented
- Build knowledge on the shopper per category and per channel (Who, What, When, Where)
- Define key purchasing drivers par category and per channel
- Update price value chain BIC vs. competition for the 3 categories and per channel every quarter
- Understand and share main competitors field strategies and competitive advantages in channels
- Train & coach distributor’s sales team on merchandising
Qualifications / Technical Skills
- Good knowledge of sales (channel, distribution, coverage, merchandising)
- Good knowledge of marketing (strategy, operational, communication, research)
- Good sense of analysis & planning ability
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Ability to work under pressure
- Result focus
- Good communication skills (writing & verbal)
- Able to adapt and work in a team
Previous / Professional Experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Marketing or Sales roles in FMCG or relevant industry
- Master degree in Marketing or Business Administration or equivalent
- Fluent in both English. Knowledge of local language(s) and French a plus.
- Able to travel up to 70% of the time
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Your application for this position does not guarantee an offer. The skills and experience required for this job will determine the success of your application.