Education as a Vaccine is a non-profit organization created in 2000 to improve the health and development of children and young people. EVA envisions a Nigeria where children and young people reach their full potentials and work to build and implement innovative and sustainable mechanism for improved quality of life for vulnerable children and young people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Baseline Study for the PITCH Programme Nigeria
Location: Headquarters, Abuja
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Medical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
Reports to: Executive Director
About PITCH Programme
PITCH – Partnership to Inspire, Transform and Connect the HIV response is a 5-year programme (2016 -2020) in the policy framework dialogue and dissent of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The programme purposes to fight AIDS in 9 countries (Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Nigeria, Myanmar, Indonesia, Vietnam and Ukraine) most affected by HIV with a focus on key populations and women and girls. PITCH is a strategic partnership between AidsFonds, the International HIV/AIDS Alliance and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In Nigeria, the programme key goals include:
- Equal access to HIV-related services to Key Populations,
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights for those most affected by HIV
- Equal and full rights for key populations, adolescent girls and young women in Nigeria
- Strong key populations and youth led civil society organisations that are successful HIV advocates.
The programme aims to achieve the above through four main strategies. This includes:
- Build on and coordinate our partnership networks
- Enhance the flow and use of evidence and intelligence
- Engage advocacy targets
- Strengthen civil society’s HIV advocacy capacity
Obligation of the two parties in the consultancy
Obligation of the consultant/firm:
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance throughout the assignment.
- Inform the PITCH study team in a timely fashion on the progress made and any challenges encountered.
- Conduct the consultancy as per agreements in TOR and contract, and if modifications are necessary, bring to the attention of the study team before making any changes.
- Submit the reports on a timely basis as per the contract agreement.
- Cater for own costs- travel to the central point- accommodation, meals, medical cover etc. (This should be included in the consultant/firm’s final budget)
Obligation of PITCH:
- Make sure the consultant/firm is provided with the necessary and required resources i.e. the programme documents
- Facilitate the work of the consultant/firm in accessing target groups where necessary
- Monitor the daily work of the consultant and bring to the attention of the consultant any concerns that may arise
- Provide technical oversight in the review of all deliverables
- Provide timely comments on and input into the draft report
- BA/B.Sc/HND or Master’s degree in Public Health or Social Sciences. A Master degree in Development Studies or Monitoring and Evaluation will be considered although the proposed team should demonstrate high skills/experience in the area of HIV and SRHR in relation to key populations.
- Must have a background and experience in conducting baseline, reviews or evaluations in HIV and SRHR related programmes with a focus on advocacy/human rights related programmes. (desirable)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the HIV and SRHR landscape in Nigeria (including policies and laws) specifically in relation to Key Populations (desirable)
- Experience in using M&E for advocacy tools such as (score cards, policy tracking tools, stakeholder attitude measure tool, advocacy/M&E capacity assessment tools etc.) (desirable)
- Experience in mainstreaming gender in HIV and SRHR programming
- Experience 5 – 7 years
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates/firm (Local organisations/partners) should submit a maximum of 15 page Expression of Interest (EOI) based on the format provided below and not otherwise:
A Cover letter summarising how the consultant/firm summarising the consultants experience in undertaking similar assignments in this order:
Introduction and Background:
- Broad context analysis in relation to HIV and SRHR in Nigeria (1 Paragraph)
- Broader context in relation to HIV and SRHR among Key population in Nigeria (2 Paragraphs)
- Broader policies and law context in relation to KPs in Nigeria (2 Paragraphs)
- Context on mainstreaming gender in HIV and SRHR programme in the context of Nigeria
Proposed Approach and Methodology:
- Consultant’s interpretation of the performance indicators in the Nigeria Results M&E Framework. This should be in form of a table.
- Proposed data collection technique including a mapping of the same against each indicator.
- Proposed data analysis methods
Understanding of the Assignment:
- Understanding of PITCH programme (1 Paragraph)
- Understanding of the assignment/Objective of the assignment (1 Paragraph)
- A summary of the consultant/firm experience in conducting similar assignment. The focus should be on the consultant/firm experience in conducting baselines or evaluation for HIV and SRHR programmes (advocacy/human rights) for Key population.
- Terms of Reference limitations
Proposed Sampling Methodology and Framework:
- One paragraph on the proposed sampling methodology with a justification
- Proposed sampling framework could be a table with the list of indicators mapped against proposed respondents and proposed baseline tools
- One paragraph on how the consultant/firm proposes to integrate gender and SRHR in their methodology
Data Quality Assurance:
- Possible data quality threats and proposed mitigation measures
- Ethical standards to be adhered to
Proposed Work plan and Budget:
- 17 days work plan and financial proposal (USD) – including terms of payments. The proposed financial proposal should include all the costs related to this assignment as per the proposed methodology by the consultant.
- The vetting of EOIs will be based on the above therefore we advice bidding consultants/firms to be as clear in their explanation.
- When submitting the EOI, the consultant or firm should also share a sample (one) of a similar study conducted in the past and an updated Curriculum Vitae of the consultant/s
- Nigeria nationals only.
Application Deadline 14th December, 2017.