Employment Opportunities at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Nigeria May 2016
Career Opportunity: Radio Operator Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Car Dispatcher Job Recruitment
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Sub Delegation Port Harcourt and Maiduguri are looking for suitable candidates to fill the vacancies below.
- · Contributes to the implementation and running of specific projects/programs
- · Maintains contacts with interlocutors/authorities at various degrees
- · Supervises volunteers and closely monitors beneficiaries
- · Contributes to written reporting
- · Ensures an independent and professional evaluation of EcoSec activities such as Micro-Economic Initiatives, relief distributions (Food, EHI and Supplementary Feeding), nutrition, markets and trends (past and present) particularly in Satellite LGAs and Priority zones set by the Sub-Delegation
- · Facilitates in preparation and delivery of Relief Assistance (mainly food, EHI, cash and Agro in–puts) in close collaboration with NRCS
- · Facilitates community consultation, meetings, training, demonstration activities, village mapping, community action plan and capacity building of the community
- University degree in development studies, economics, agriculture or related field
- 4 years work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Team leadership skills
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- · Good analytical skills
- · Good communication skills
- · Shows judgment abilities to deal with special cases and propose solutions
- · Ensures that a good atmosphere is maintained within the EcoSec department and with the other ICRC departments through adequate communication
- · Reports on problems (security) with accuracy and without delays
- · Independently operates all radio and satellite equipment for voice and data communication
- · Independently facilitates radio and telecommunication contacts and permanent field follow-up according to internal guidelines
- · Selects most efficient mean of communication (inside and outside ICRC), taking in account format electronic or paper), speed and price
- · Operates all machines for Voice (Tel, VHF, HF) and satellite telephone and maintains daily radio and operations in the field mobile log
- · Acts quickly in the event of an emergency and contact relevant managements to contain and help solve critical incidents maintain a detailed incident log for security reports
- · Registers and treats incoming and outgoing information confidentially, rapidly and with accuracy
- Ÿ Secondary education
- Ÿ Diploma in ICT or Electronic, additional vocational training in electronics, telecommunication, IT or similar field will be an asset
- Ÿ Experience in communications/Radio operations within NGO’s or similar function preferably with an international organization
- Ÿ Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Ÿ Very good knowledge of Windows based computers
- Ÿ Good knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication
- Ÿ Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Ÿ No prior criminal conviction
- · Capable and motivated to continuously update one-self on latest developments.
- · Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills
- · Ensures that drivers and cars are sufficiently available, and efficiently utilized for daily tasks and field trips
- · Coaches and trains all drivers under his/her supervision in accordance with their job description
- · Ensures economic use of vehicles independently
- · Monitors and updates car use and fuel consumption
- · Keeps tracks on all vehicle movements using standard ICRC Tools
- · Manages and supervises the pool of drivers
- · Reports and provides statistical data according to procedures.
- · Organizes car attribution.
- · Performs administrative work
- · Minimum of Secondary education
- · 4 years work experience in a similar function
- · Heavy vehicle Driving licence
- · Driving license for at least 5 years and succeeded in ICRC Driving test
- · Good computer skills
- · Good command of written and spoken English.
- · Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- · Masters 4/4 and VHF use
- · Basic mechanical skills
- · Good sense of Security management
- · Good leadership skills
- · Well organized and attention to details
Job Title: Mechanic
- · Maximizes fleet efficiency and effectiveness for all vehicles and generators through planned preventative maintenance in accordance with guidelines issued from Geneva or in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations as well as in view of operational requirements.
- · Repairs and maintains ICRC Vehicles and generators according to workload planning and instructions.
- · Controls and ensures the use of genuine spare parts and professional working methods for all repairs.
- · Establishes and maintain an accurate and Job card based maintenance history for all log/Fleet assets repairs.
- · Fills in all accidents, services and repairs in technical logbook
- · Stocks In liaison with ABJ workshop and prepares order for spares for six month consumption for Maiduguri fleet.
- · Carries out routine works mainly independently
- · Degree in mechanics or recognised technical training
- · 2 years work experience as a mechanic
- · Good command of written and spoken English
- · Driving license
- · Succeeded in ICRC Driving test.
- · Flexible and motivated
- · Good sense of responsibility and well organized
- · Quality, preventive maintenance and solution oriented
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Please clearly indicate the job title and location eg:“Mechanic Maiduguri” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 05.05.2017, 16:30hr. Late application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.