November 2016 Medical Jobs Recruitment in a Hospital in Lagos State Nigeria
Job Recruitment : First Aid Officer Employment Vacancy
Job Description : Hospital Doctor Career Opportunity
Job Title: First Aid Officer
- The First Aid Officer will be responsible to the Head of Cost Center for the provision of initial first aid response, provide advice of first aid requirements and ensure that first aid facilities and supplies are maintained.
The successful candidates specific functions include:
- Dealing with day-today medical issues and specific medical conditions
- Filling in concern forms when necessary and passing to Line Manager
- Reporting accidents when necessary to Health and Safety Executive by phone, emailing
- Administering regular medication to various patient
- Ensure that their qualifications are up to date and renewed as required;
- Ensure that information is displayed identifying First Aid Officer in their area of work.
- Entering data / information on SIMS
- Maintain a fully-stocked First Aid Kit and First Aid Room
- Purchase and receive delivery of supplies when needed
- Organize periodic cleaning of the First Aid Room
- Ensure the safety of the general public on the beach
- Assist with minor First Aid incidents,
- Monitor First Aid Equipment (e.g. oxygen, defibrillator, etc)
- Ensure training manikins are in good working order
- Assist in training members for First Aid Course
- Minimum B.Sc in Medicine, Nursing or any related field
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ Experience
- Professional manner.
- Nationally recognized First Aid Certificate (current)
- Aware of Health & Safety policy
- Maintain confidentiality on relevant matters
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Attention to detail
- Highly developed investigative skills
Job Title: Hospital Doctor
The successful candidates’ specific functions include:
- Monitoring and providing general care to patients on hospital wards and in outpatient clinics;
- Conducting and participating in daily ward rounds.
- Admitting patients requiring special care, followed by investigations and treatment;
- Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Carrying out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations;
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals;
- Working with other doctors as part of a team, either in the same department or within other specialties;
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- Undertaking managerial responsibilities such as planning the workload and staffing of the department, especially at more senior levels;
- Casualty Officer/Call duty at emergency and casualty units.
- Running of all clinic activities in the absence of the Senior Medical Director.
- Qualification: Minimum B.Sc. in Medicine
- Experience: Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ Experience
Job Title: Nurse
The successful candidates’ specific functions include:
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses and conditions.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Direct and supervise less skilled nursing/health care personnel, or supervise a particular unit on one shift.
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Inform physician of patient’s condition during anaesthesia.
- Deliver infants and provide prenatal and postpartum care and treatment under obstetrician’s supervision.
- Administer local, inhalation, intravenous, and other anaesthetics.
- Provide health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance in convalescence
- Perform physical examinations, make tentative diagnoses, and treat patients Conduct specified laboratory tests.
- Prescribe or recommend drugs, medical devices or other forms of treatment, such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
- Perform administrative and managerial functions, such as taking responsibility for a unit’s staff, budget, planning, and long-range goals.
- Engage in research activities related to nursing.
- Qualification: Minimum B.Sc. in Medicine, Nursing or any related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience.
Job Title: Clinical Practice Manager
- Compile the agenda for partnership meetings i.e., management/financial/clinical etc.
- Maintains accurate schedules, records, discrepancy reports, and follow-through Medical rules and regulations.
- Participates in the establishment, organization, and implementation of short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and effects changes required for improvement.
- Personally support the Partners in matters relating to management.
- Act as management adviser to the Partners.
- Arrange administration required of Training Practice i.e., prepare programme for medical students and registrars
- Ensure proper conditions of employment, to include current employment legislation and recognized good practice
- Be responsible for an effective appraisal/personal development system and any resulting training or disciplinary procedures
- Communicate agreed Practice Policy to staff and introduce systems to support such policies
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and legal regulations
- Effect and maintain Practice insurance policies; public and third party liability, employers’ liability, premises and equipment.
- Deal personally with any confidential matter about the Practice or the Partners and reports to any official or professional body.
- Perform any duty specifically designated by the Partners as being properly the responsibility of the Practice Manager.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in a leadership role in Medical Staff organization and management experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes and credentials to: HR@teclab-ng.com All applications should have very specific Subject & Location E.g. First Aider – Lagos
Application Deadline 7th December, 2016.