Pagatech was founded in early 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank the unbanked in Africa. Our first product offering, Paga, is a direct to consumer mobile payments service.
Paga is an innovative, open, secure, and interoperable mobile payments platform that allows any person who has a mobile phone to transact electronically – thus turning the mobile phone into an electronic wallet.
Pagatech is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Manager – West
- The Regional Manager is responsible for delivering on agent, customer and revenue growth targets through effective development and management of a distribution network.
- The role involves hands-on supervision of a 50+ person field sales and operational support team across the Western Nigeria region, ensuring teamwork and capability development, and delivering on commercial targets defined for each period.
- The candidate must also have demonstrated skills in driving volumes through a channel, relationship building, monitoring and evaluating results to devise strategies.
- The candidate must also have demonstrated an ability to motivate a team, provide mentorship, and understand how to grow sales staff.
- You will also need to be someone who cares about others, relatable, trustworthy, takes initiative, calm under pressure, and have great communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, and written.
- To be successful you will need to be comfortable spending significant time in the field motivating the team and agents, and driving both to exceed set targets.
- You must be someone with a strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with teams that do not report into you.
- The ideal candidate must have a clearly-demonstrated track record in channel recruiting and management, and should have produced meaningful sales revenues at a fast moving consumer goods company or similar.
- Responsible for providing leadership to the region by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, and competencies and sales values are developed to exceed revenue targets
- Working via the field team to manage recruitment, activation and ongoing support of agents across the region
- Keeping abreast of global trends and best practices relevant to the business, with a view to interpret and adapt same to fit our environment
- Ensure regional stakeholders’ compliance with regulatory requirements and Company standards
- Preparing weekly, monthly and annual operational and management reports
- Overall leadership in the region, including representing the Company and its management when and as needed
- Delivering on revenue targets for all products through agent-related transactions
- Selection, training and ongoing performance management of regional staff. Focus on optimization of team performance, enhancement of morale and productivity
- Drive collaboration (regional) with cross functional teams who support the activities of the agent network (Marketing, Product Innovation, Customer Service, Finance etc.)
- Budgeting and accounting for utilization of regional funds, human and material resources, and other assets
- Strong leadership
- Strong ability to motivate, influence and advice people
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Good judgement and decision-making ability
- Conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Good understanding of Western Nigeria market, consumer preferences and trends
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and curiosity
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- A detailed understanding of the wholesale and retail distribution marketplace, including their potential customers, partner suppliers, and competitors. Also of what motivates and drives Western Nigeria retailers
- Drive channel satisfaction improvement
- At least 5-7 years relevant experience in sales within a FMCG with at least regional management experience
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment.
- Must be able to develop and communicate competitive landscape analysis
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Use Job title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 9th February, 2016.