Baywood Continental Limited (BCL) was incorporated in Nigeria as a private limited liability company in 1989 under Nigeria’s Companies’ and Allied Matters Act of 1968. It commenced operations in 1990 as a construction company in the Oil & Gas industry.
Over the years, BCL witnessed tremendous growth and has expanded its core competence to include Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation, Commissioning, Operations and Maintenance (EPICOM) services for Flowlines, Flowstations, Gas Plants, Pipelines & Terminals. It has rendered those services to Total, Shell, Chevron, Addax, NPDC, Exxonmobil and other companies.
The company has its head office in Lagos with fully functional bases in Warri and Port Harcourt and liaison base in Abuja. On its workforce are experienced and competent professionals with average of 25 years upstream oil & gas industry experience garnered from local and international practice. The company has purchased owned construction equipment to execute all oil and gas surface facility works from wellhead through flowstations, manifolds and pipelines to terminals.
As at June 2011, BCL has worked more than three (3) million manhours without a Lost Time Injury (LTI) from its current workforce of 650+ in various oil & gas skill pools.
Baywood Continental Limited has completed various multi-million US$ projects. It is currently executing a Tank Rehabilitation work and Swamp Pipeline Maintenance works for Shell. It is also in a Joint Venture with other companies to execute a 42” Gas Pipeline in the land area of the Niger Delta as well as to rehabilitate crude oil storage tanks for Chevron. To execute all these projects, it has established good financing relationships with some Nigerian Banks.
BCL is an ISO 9001 – 2000 certified company.
With the traction of the Nigerian Content Development Policy in the industry, BCL has repositioned itself to become EPICOM service provider of choice to the Oil & Gas industry.
Based on the emerging business offshoots of the oil industry, BCL sees a number of opportunities in new areas like Power, Gas and Renewable Energy etc and steps are being taken to mature these opportunities through international partnering and scaling up of the company’s capital base.
Our services at Baywood includes:
- Project Management
- Equipment Lease
Job Title: Procurement Manager
- To Provide variety of Inventory Managment Services related to stock control, procurement and supply of all types of production, engineering, drilling and general materials and equipment required for the operations.
- To handle complete replenishment cycle for all types of materials that includes identification of the needs up to issue of purchase orders.
- Responsible for availability of stock materials in right quality and quantity at the right time.
- To plan work according to a commitment plan with established/agreed milestones for major commitments.
- Selection of Suitable Suppliers prior to Tendering
- Preparation of Commercial Bid Evaluations
- Negotiation of all Commercial issues with Successful Suppliers
- Authorisation and Issue of Purchase Orders to Approved Suppliers
- Attending Project Progress Meetings
- Co-ordinate Field Expediting Activities
- Clearance of any Blocked Invoices
- Timely Close Out of Purchase Orders
- Maintain an Auditable File of all relevant Purchasing Documents for each Purchase Order
- Build a Strong Working Relationship with all Customers, Internal and External
- Continually evaluate and assess the engineering market in terms of labor availability, compensation levels, productivity, and other market trends.
- Provide input with respect to engineering services for project execution strategies that involve Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contracts.
- Ensure compliance with regional and global procurement policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as required to effectively perform the role.
- Bachelor’s degree is required or higher degree in (Business, Science, Engineering,Chemistry or Purchasing degrees preferred).
- MBA a plus
- Must have at least 3-5 years of technical experience (Engineering and/or Marketing and/or Procurement and/or Product Management and/or Sales).
- Business and financial acumen with demonstrated achievement of results including generation of savings, value creation and managing supplier relationships and/or ability to achieve objectives through persuasive skill are a strong plus
- Prior experience in chemical manufacturing a plus
- Proven leadership skills are required
- Excellence in negotiation and project management skills
- Good verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills
- Strong contract knowledge
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the desired position as title, on/before closing date.
Application Deadline: 2nd November, 2015
Head Office: 72, Olorunlogbon Street, Anthony Village, Maryland, Lagos, Nigeria.
Port Harcourt Area Office: Km5 East-West Road, By INCO Filling Station, Rumuodara, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Warri Area Office: 7 Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) Road, Off Hospital Road Ekpan, Warri, Delta State, Nigeria
International Office: 88 Sherwood Common NW Calgary, T3R 1P9, Alberta, Canada.