Mission of the Role
Implement revenue management strategies and processes in our client hotels, in order to optimize and maximize its revenues.
Scope of the Role
· Implement revenue management operations, procedures and best practices.
· Identify new revenue opportunities.
· Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
· Optimize and expand distribution partnerships.
· Act as overall business development consultant for the hotel manager/owner.
· Challenge and influence hotel to improve service level and operational standards.
· Build and maintain strong working relationships with levels of staff at the client hotel.
· Travel regularly to each hotel.
· Embed a revenue management culture.
· Cluster Revenue Manager
· Director of Revenue Management
Job Responsibilities & Duties
· Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations.
· Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
· Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
· Create and maintain a 13 month rolling demand calendar.
· Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each hotel.
· Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
· Manage and oversee strategy for all 3rd party distribution
· Responsible for assessing, analysing and pricing group business strategies
· Analyse overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
· Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity
· Oversee and audit the standards and operations of the reservations department.
· Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
· Ensure hotel personnel is fully competent in the use of all systems
· Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments as a team.
· Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…).
· Conduct quarterly property performance review and develop strategic and tactical action
· Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modelling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts
· Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, consortia, crew, groups, etc…).
· Reduce the cost of distribution by finding new less expensive means of delivering business
· Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process.
· Inspire Hotel’s HODs to further embed a revenue management culture.
· Advice and coach the client in other operational areas.
· Visit the hotels to get first-hand knowledge of all revenue management issues and other key areas.
· Any other reasonable requests made by management.
· Business Development DNA and commercial minded.
· Strong sense of need for achievement of goals and success.
· Sound ability and knowledge to develop standards of operations and strategic processes
· Good analytical and numeric skills for fast data crunching.
· Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
· Good listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs.
· Able to develop relationships with 3rd parties and the hotel teams.
· Capacity to read situation, understand environments and respond accordingly
· Capable of prioritizing between revenue generating actions and time consuming tasks with low yield impact.
· Ability to work across all levels and functions of client portfolio under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
· Well-developed interpersonal, adaptive influencing and supervisory management skills
· Willingness to travel and ability to interact professionally with other cultures
· Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties.
· High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
Experience & Qualifications
· 0 – 9 years of hands-on Hotel Revenue Management experience.
· A strong command of both written and spoken English is required; additional languages an asset.
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Hotel Management, Tourism or Economic Studies.
· Highly computer literate with a high level command of Excel.
· Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS
Aplicants should send their cv and contact to the HR/ADM on (email@example.com)or call 08072806776.
NOTE: Only Aplicant from Lagos and Environ.