The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ right to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions.
As the global leader in democracy promotion, we advance good governance and democratic rights by: Providing technical assistance to election officials, Empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process, Applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle.
Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
IFES is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Location: Abuja
- Responsible for developing, design and implementation of program activities supporting electoral violence prevention efforts at the national and state levels;
- Implement project activities with a focus on community-level conflict mediation and mitigation, and civic and voter education campaigns;
- Work closely with partner CSOs to plan and design trainings, town hall meetings and civic education events; Lead town hall meetings and civic education forums;
- Assist with logistics and organization of trainings and special events;
- Frequent travel to monitor sub-grantees and support trainings and town hall meetings throughout Nigeria;
- Draft regular programmatic reports detailing activities and monitoring trips;
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor and/or Chief of Party.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, peace and conflict studies; international Relations; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in conflict mapping, mitigation and prevention, Experience in elections related conflict resolution and violence prevention is a plus
- Experience in project management and training is a plus
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong and proven track record in elections related conflict resolution and violence prevention work.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their application, current resume and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only applications sent by email will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th November, 2014