Provost at College of Education Jobs in Zuba Nigeria 2014
The Federal Capital Territory Administration hereby advertises the vacancy for the post of Provost of FCT College of Education, Zuba. The College has the mandate to. among other things, produce NCE Teachers for the Basic Education Level.
The Provost is the Chief Executive Officer of the College and is answerable to the Governing Council. The Provost is also responsible for the day-to-day management of the Academic, Administrative and Financial affairs of the Institution.
Terms of Appointment;
- The Provost shall be appointed for an initial period of four (4) years.
- The position is renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The Provost enjoys a Consolidated Salary Structure and other fringe benefits as applicable to Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Interested candidates for the post of Provost are expected to possess at least a Master degree in either Arts, Social Sciences or the Sciences/Technology as well as the necessary teaching qualification.
Possession of Ph.D. is an added advantage. Other requirements are as outlined below: –
- Must be a Chief Lecturer or equivalent in a higher institution with a minimum of five (5) years experience;
- Must have evidence of Academic and Administrative Leadership;
- Must have evidence of Professional Standing and Honours;
- Must possess proficiency in ICT (Packages and Capabilities);
- Must be conversant with the operations in the Colleges of Education Sector.
- Must have societal linkages and be able to attract research funds and development grants from Local and International agencies;
- Must have good conduct, disciplined, dedicated, resourcefulness and be able to command respect and loyalty of the members of staff and the students of the College and meet the demands of teacher education for the 21st century;
- Must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests;
- Must have a report of medical fitness from a Government Hospital; and
- Must have confidential report from three (3) referees.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates are requested to submit twenty (20) copies of their application with copies of their Curriculum Vitae containing the details in the following order(s).
- Full names: Surname underlined:
- Date and place of Birth;
- State of Origin and Local Government Area:
- Marital Status;
- Current Postal Address, E-mail Address and Telephone Numbers;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates; and
- Present employment and Salary Grade,
Application should be submitted not later than 5th May, 2015 to the;
FCT College of Education, Zuba,
P.M.B. 61 Garki,
In addition, candidates are requested to ask their referee(s) to send confidential report on them to the same address before the closing date
Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Invited For The Interview.