RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, ENVISION Project
Building on the achievements and lessons learned from the Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) Control Program (2006-2012), ENVISION is designed to continue support for integrated NTD control at both global and country levels by empowering national governments to lead their national NTD control programs, improve local capacity and systems to foster efficient and sustained integrated NTD control, and scale up the delivery of interventions for seven NTDs targeted by USAID. These are lymphatic filariasis (elephantiasis), onchocerciasis (river blindness), schistosomiasis (snail fever), three soil-transmitted helminthiases (hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm), and trachoma.
ENVISION is a 5-year program through which RTI supports and expands Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) control and elimination in priority countries and will further the development of evidence-based policies and standards globally. To learn more about ENVISION’s work, visit: http://www.ntdenvision.org/ . The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist is responsible for supporting M&E activities in the
ENVISION work plan as well as reporting on M&E for the ENVISION project. The M&E Specialist will work closely with the National NTD Program to build their capacity in data collection, management and analysis and will oversee the ENVISION M&E activities. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for the submission of all M&E-related documentation to the Resident Program Advisor, NTD Advisor and M&E team in RTI Washington for review and approval.
- Provide technical support to ENVISION’s M&E activities in Nigeria and ensures that all M&E activities are implemented in accordance with the work plan and budget as well as ensure its relevance to national priority;
- Provide guidance to MOH in data collection, quality control, management and analysis for baseline prevalence data, disease distribution data, MDA coverage data, disease-monitoring and impact data.
- Assist in the conduct of periodic data quality assurance (DQA)
- Submit data in NTD ENVISION report format through the Disease Workbook, Program Workbook, Semi-Annual Report, Disease-Specific Assessment form, and other forms as needed for the entire country.
- Provide mentoring, training and supervision of other project staff on M&E methodologies, specifically those in WHO NTD M&E guidance.
- Prepare summary updates on progress of program activities as may be required for dissemination to relevant NTD ENVISION partners and stakeholders, including work plans and Semi-Annual Reports.
- Work with the RPA and other members of ENVISION management team to document and publish best practices.
- Manages access to information under the ENVISION Project support and is responsible for program data generation and management.
- Perform other duties as may be needed.
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health or relevant discipline, with at least six years of experience in Public Health.
- At least three years of progressive, relevant experience in Database Management, Program Monitoring and Evaluation, Analytical Presentation, Communication and Reporting skills.
- At least two years of professional use of Microsoft Windows/Excel software, and one year professional use of Access, SPSS, and other statistical packages.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
- Strong English language oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Past experience leading and building the capacity of M&E officers, including remote, field-based staff, to meet program needs and deliverables is desired
- Experience in disease surveillance, particularly communicable diseases preferred.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded projects will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria frequently.
- Must be able to work in Nigeria without visa sponsorship.
- This position is subject to the Nigerian national compensation framework.
Mode of Application:
Interested applicants should submit a current CV with contact information to GHrecruitment@rti.org and indicate “ENVISION Nigeria M&E Specialist” in the subject title. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the deadline is rolling. No applications will be considered after April 11, 2014.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs
Application Deadline: 11th April, 2014.