Provost, Registrar Job Vacancies at Bauchi State College of Agriculture in Bauchi Nigeria 2013
Vacancies: Provost, Registrar
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates of Bauchi State origin for the posts of the college Provost, Registrar, Bursar and college Librarian , for the Bauchi State College of Agriculture, Bauchi.
- The Provost is the Chief Academic and Administrative Officer of the College and is required to provide the requisite academic, administrative and Professional leadership for the College, in executing the policy formulated by the governing Council. He is expected to foster good rapport with the state Ministry of Higher Education, National Board for Technical Education and other relevant professional bodies for the achievement of the objective for which the College has been established. The Provost should posses a very high sense of dedication to duty, drive and resourcefulness. Above all, he must be a person of high integrity.
- Applicants should hold at least a Master’s Degree from a recognized University in any of the field of Agricultural Science with at least fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience in teaching, research or administrative post in an Institution of Higher learning respectively. Added qualification will be an advantage. Applicants must not be below the rank of Chief Lecturer or a Reader, and are expected to be knowledgeable about the operation of College system, capable of taking executive action on matters of planning research and management in realization of cardinal objective of the college
Applicants should have a good track record of leadership qualities, drive, innovation and achievement in result oriented research.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a period of four (4) years, in the first instance and shall be eligible for re-appointment for another period of four (4) years only. The salary attached to the post is according to the College Scheme of Service.
- Other fringe benefits attached to the office are
a. Chauffeur driven car
b. Furniture accommodation
c. Security guard & domestic staff
The Registrar is responsible to the Provost on all administrative matters in the College. He is the custodian of all College records and interprets its documents, policies, rules and regulations, etc. He is the Secretary to the Governing Council, Academic Board and all other Statutory committees and performs such other duties as the Council and the Provost may direct. He shall develop good rapport with all section of the College that could foster industrial peace and harmony
- Candidates should posses at least a good Degree from a recognized Institution of higher learning plus NYSC certificate with at least seventeen (17) years, cognate experience, or Master’ Degree from a recognized University plus fifteen (15) years cognate experience or a holder of Doctorate Degree plus at least twelve (12) years cognate experience and must have held senior administrative posts in an institution of higher learning for a minimum of ten (10) years and must not be below the rank of Principal Assistant Registrar.
- Candidates must show evidence of a good track record, posses a sense of discipline, dedication and resourcefulness.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four ( 4) years and is eligible for re-appointment for a period of another four (4) years only
- The Salary attached to the post is according to the College Scheme of Service.
- The Candidate appointed will be entitled to an official car with a Driver, accommodation and other benefits as specified In the College condition of Service
All Applications Should Be Forwarded To:-
Transitional Committee for the Take-Off of
Bauchi State College of Agriculture
Ministry of Higher Education,
Atiku Abubakar Road, Gwallaga, Bauchi
P.M.B 0160 Bauchi,
Applications should reach the office of the secretary, Transitional Committee for the Take -Off of Bauchi State College of Agriculture, Ministry of Higher Education, Bauchi on or before 21st November, 2013. Candidates are required to request their referees to send their confidential reports to the Secretary, Transitional Committee for the Take-Off of Bauchi State College of Agriculture, Ministry of Higher Education, Bauchi on or before the closing date. Applications should be submitted in (12) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitea.