Migration Health Nurse recruitment At The International Organization For Migration (IOM) Abuja Nigeria 2013
Under the general supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission in Abuja, and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Physician,
the Migration Health Nurse will be responsible for providing clinical and administrative support for migration health assessments and treatment of migrants assisted by the Organization. In particular, he/she will:
- Assist the Chief Migration Health Physician in various duties related to Migration Health Assessments. This includes but not limited to: logistic preparation of medical screenings, procedures for quality control and quality assurance, handling of medical files, collection of bio-data and medical history, taking anthropometric measurements, identity check of the applicants and ensuring confidentiality of medical information throughout the screening process.
- Assist to conduct pre-departure treatment and prophylaxis as required, as well as pre-embarkation assessments for “fitness for travel” and complete relevant records and reports as needed.
- Interview female applicants with possible pregnancy. Perform rapid tests for pregnancy and register the results.
- Make preparations for sputum collection: prepare the list for the laboratory, assign codes and label sputum containers.
- Maintain safety procedures at sputum collection site.
- Perform sputum collection in accordance with technical guidelines and procedures:
a. Check applicant’s identity.
b. Explain the procedure to applicants.
c. Observe sputum collection and assist applicants in coughing techniques and production of sputum.
- Ensure sputum and other biological samples are transported to the designated laboratory in a proper manner.
- Keep register of applicants being investigated for TB.
- Liaise with the laboratory, receive results of sputum smears in a timely manner, register the results and inform the National Migration Health Physician on the arrival of the results.
- Accompany applicants to the radiology and make ensure the identity of the applicants undergoing chest x-ray.
- Assist with registration, data entry and printing out of certificates and other documents.
- Collect statistical information in a requested format and submit to the supervisor.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
a) takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism; b) works effectively with all clients and stakeholders; c) promotes continuous learning: communicates clearly; d) takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management; e) plans work, anticipates risks, www.justjobsng.com and sets goals within area of responsibility; f) displays mastery of subject matter; g) contributes to a collegial team environment; h) creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA); i) incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
a) Good computer literacy on Microsoft Office.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
a) At least a Diploma in clinical nursing from an accredited academic institution; b) four years of continuous clinical practice post-graduation, registered to practice in Nigeria and with a valid registration license.
Thorough knowledge of written and spoken English.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email address firstname.lastname@example.org on or beforeDecember 03 2013.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to The Chief of Mission, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line VN2013_16 (O)-NAT Migration Health Nurse-Abuja.
All applications should include a functional e-mail address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV). Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.