WTS Energy is a leading E&P Multinational Company to the international Oil, Gas and Energy industry.
WTS Energy is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Geoscience Database Administrator
Ref No: WTHO03152
Job Location: Lagos
- Ensures QC and loading of digital log data to Asset Databases
- Applies rigorous data management procedures.
- Primarily responsible for maintaining data integrity and accessibility to Petrophysical, Geoscience Reservoir Engineering, and Production Technology data bases.
- Ensures that prescribed guidelines for data Management are adhered to, and promote the application of these guidelines by users.
- Liaise with IT department to maintain adequate infrastructure service levels in support of storage of Asset Management data.
- Maintain and ensure integrity and update of APDNL’s Asset Management digital / analogue data store.
- Responsible for arranging and managing smooth and timely data transfers between APD (N) L, APE(N)L and APS, Regulatory Agencies.
- Keep an inventory of available data and data transfers
- The ability to communicate well and get along well with other team members and functional peers, the ability to work independently within an integrated team and the willingness to seek guidance when needed are essential.
- Good understanding of Petrophysical, Geoscience and Production Engineering data architecture.
- A degree in any of the Engineering disciplines, Geo-sciences: Geology, Geophysics or Surveying and Applied Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Five years oil and gas industry experience, including data management experience for a minimum of two years. Experience in Petrophysics and/or Geoscience evaluations will be an advantage.
- High computer literacy.
- A good knowledge of different evaluation and Data Management packages
Terms & Conditions
- Work Cycle:Monday – Friday (7.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.)
- Opened to Nigerians Only
- Contract position with possible extension
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 19th November, 2013